I am an Assistant Professor in the area of power and energy systems at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. My research is geared towards enabling the integration of renewable and distributed energy resources in the modern power grid. I am interested in developing rigorous analytical frameworks, fast algorithmic architectures and efficient market designs to help said integration. My CV.
I am looking for an undergraduate student (junior/senior) good at coding in C++ and Python to work on an existing project. If you are interested, please email me at email@example.com.
- Co-organized session on "Risk Management in Energy Systems" with L. Roald at the INFORMS Annual Meeting 2020.
- Gave an invited talk at the IEEE SmartGridComm 2020.
- Gave an invited panel talk at the IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting 2020.
- S. Gade finished his Ph.D. and joins Facebook.
- Awarded the NSF CPS Medium grant on "Empowering Prosumers in Electricity Markets Through Market Design and Learning".
- Awarded the NSF EPCN grant on "Dynamic Data Analytics for the Power Grid via Koopman and Perron-Frobenius Operators".
- Awarded a C3.ai DTI grant on "Dynamic Resource Management in Response to Pandemics".
- M. Ndrio's paper was selected as the best of the best papers (1 out of 4) at the IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting 2019.
- A. N. Madavan's paper was selected among the best conference papers at the IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting 2019.
Students currently working with me
Past visitors, students, postdocs who have worked with me
- Shripad Gade (Facebook)
- Khaled Alshehri (Assistant Professor at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals)
- Thinh T. Doan (Assistant Professor at Virginia Tech.)
- Hyungjin Choi (Sandia National Laboratory)
- Nguyen Hoa (I2CNER visitor from Kyushu University)
- Theodoros Mamalis
- Anna Winnicki
- ECE 490 - Introduction to Optimization (Scheduled Spring 2020)
- ECE 576 - Power System Dynamics and Stability
- ECE 598 SB1 - Mathematical Foundations of Electricity Markets
- ECE 398BD - Making Sense of Big Data (Smart Grid)
- ECE 365 - Data Science and Engineering
- ECE 330 - Power Circuits and Electromechanics
- ECE 530 - Analysis Techniques for Large-scale Electrical Systems