I am an Assistant Professor in the area of power and energy systems at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. My research is geared towards enabling the integration of renewable and distributed energy resources in the modern power grid. I am interested in developing rigorous analytical frameworks, fast algorithmic architectures and efficient market designs to help said integration. My CV.
- N. Dahlin, S. Sanjari and A. Guclu recently joined the group.
- Awarded a C3.ai DTI grant on "Private Cyber-Secure Data-Driven Control of Distributed Energy Resources", 2021.
- Received the NSF CAREER award on "Risk-Sensitive Market Design for Power Systems: Scalable Learning and Pricing", 2021.
- M. Ndrio finished her Ph.D. and joined McKinsey & Company, 2021.
- Co-organized session on "Risk Management in Energy Systems" with L. Roald at the INFORMS Annual Meeting 2020.
- S. Gade finished his Ph.D. and joined Facebook, 2020.
- Awarded the NSF CPS Medium grant on "Empowering Prosumers in Electricity Markets Through Market Design and Learning", 2020.
- Awarded the NSF EPCN grant on "Dynamic Data Analytics for the Power Grid via Koopman and Perron-Frobenius Operators", 2020.
- Awarded a C3.ai DTI grant on "Dynamic Resource Management in Response to Pandemics", 2020.
- M. Ndrio's paper was selected as the best of the best papers (1 out of 4) at the IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting 2019.
- A. N. Madavan's paper was selected among the best conference papers at the IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting 2019.
Students/postdocs working with me
Past visitors, students, postdocs who have worked with me
- Mariola Ndrio (McKinsey & Company)
- Shripad Gade (Facebook)
- Khaled Alshehri (Assistant Professor at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals)
- Thinh T. Doan (Assistant Professor at Virginia Tech.)
- Hyungjin Choi (Sandia National Laboratory)
- Nguyen Hoa (I2CNER visitor from Kyushu University)
- Theodoros Mamalis
- Anna Winnicki
- ECE 490 - Introduction to Optimization
- ECE 576 - Power System Dynamics and Stability
- ECE 598 SB1 - Mathematical Foundations of Electricity Markets
- ECE 398BD - Making Sense of Big Data (Smart Grid)
- ECE 365 - Data Science and Engineering
- ECE 330 - Power Circuits and Electromechanics
- ECE 530 - Analysis Techniques for Large-scale Electrical Systems